Thursday 17 July 2014

Magyarlapad 17th July 14 - Personal Revelations

17th July:

Today I gave up on learning music here - it’s not an easy thing for someone to achieve that I'm giving up on something! I arrived in the morning for the lessons, just to be left standing around, whilst Mr should-be-tutor went away without a glance to play with the kids.... 


It’s interesting that after 20 years of successful performing and teaching in the weirdest situation, it still can make one feel quite inadequate and worthless… well, reflecting back now, it’s actually quite funny... Went for a walk to explore the village instead...


In the evening, at the daily dance-house party, I solved an important mystery: why do the dancing men perform facing the band, and therefore turning the back to the audience? Well, see for yourself - this video is dedicated to my dear friend Phillipa…



No comments:

Post a Comment